PLANTATION INTERIOR SHUTTERS. BLINDS FOR CONSERVATORIES. VOILE BLINDS
Plantation Interior Shutters
- A hinged cover or screen for a window or door, usually fitted with louvres
- Designed specifically for indoor use.
- an estate where cash crops are grown on a large scale (especially in tropical areas)
- A colony
- An area in which trees have been planted, esp. for commercial purposes
- grove: garden consisting of a small cultivated wood without undergrowth
- An estate on which crops such as coffee, sugar, and tobacco are cultivated by resident labor
- a newly established colony (especially in the colonization of North America); "the practice of sending convicted criminals to serve on the Plantations was common in the 17th century"
Great House, Good Hope Plantation, Jamaica
Good Hope Plantation, Trelawny Parish, Jamaica. "Good Hope plantation is one of—if not the—best preserved plantation house and complex in Jamaica. The complex as we see it today is largely the result of the massive rebuilding campaign of John Tharp in the final years of the eighteenth century. Born in Jamaica in 1744, Tharp was educated at Eton College and Trinity College, Cambridge, and returned to Jamaica in 1766 to begin building a massive plan- tation empire. In 1767 he purchased Good Hope from Thomas Williams, who had received the land in a land grant from King George II in 1742.1 By 1755 Williams built the first house on the site and the oldest portion of the sugar works. In 1794, while still in Jamaica, he hired a military surveyor from Fort Balcarres to complete a survey of Good Hope.7 The resulting plat reports an extraor-.dinary level of detail on the plantation in that year. While the original is in England, a high resolution copy hangs in the main house at Good Hope. The plat is an extraordinary picture of a sugar plantation of the period. Fields of sugar cane are subdivided into parcels and radiating walks cut through the fields giving slaves the quickest access from the fields to.the mill to avoid spoiling the sugar. The plat also il- lustrates the extensive range of aqueducts and wa- terwheels used to power the mills. The plat suggests that by 1794, Tharp had completely refashioned the main house, had erected the warehouse and expand- ed the boiling house. By this point the plantation boasted two other major houses, one occupied by the doctor and the other by the overseer; only the latter survives."
lamp shade shop
milk glass lamp shade
drapery pleat styles
storm shutter hardware
canopy for trucks
folding camping chairs with canopy
indoor awning valance